Sunday, August 21, 2016

MOTIVATION

I am still reading this Find Your Fingerprint book from WW.

At the end there is a reprint from the Success Handbook about motivation.
I don't think I have seen it before.

It likens motivation to a clock.



12 = Highly motivated.

3= tiny slowdown in motivation

6= motivation is noticeably slower

9= completely unmotivated

At 12 we are gun ho, following the plan and losing

At 3  our drive starts to slip, loses slow, small gains slip in

At 6 we will hit a plateau

At 9 you are so unmotivated you don't care, you watch yourself make bad choices one after the other.

You need to see how close you are back to 12.....

Sometimes those slips can be our wake up call to get back on plan. They may be a trigger to our
re-motivation.

So their 3 step to get back on plan:

1 Take action.   We took action when we joined WW, now we need to do that again.

2.  That action does not have to be a big action.  Start small if need be. Drink your water for a week.  The next add more veggies, etc until these small things become our normal again.

3.  You don't always have to follow the rules.
They are saying have a little splurge now and then, just see it as that...  splurge , not a fall off plan.

Look for your RED FLAGS.
Have you stopped tracking 100%?
Do you talk yourself out of attending meetings or exercising?
Do you eat off your kids plates, do you top off your wine glass and not measure?

These little things add up.


The plan is what we make it.   Sometimes we make it into not the plan at all and then complain we are not losing.
My self made 2+ year plateau has been because I toe the line too closely to the wrong side of the plan.

The two weeks I tracked my grams of added sugar and keeping them under 25g a day I had very nice losses.

I have one more week here and then I go home to reality.

One good thing while here is I was responsible for cooking meals for my FIL.  It has gotten me back into the habit of cooking (and enforcing my rule of cook once eat twice!).  My husband did the bulk of the cooking at my house, so I needed to get back into the habit.   Hope I keep it up when I get home.

So here's to geting re-motivated and back to losing.  Carole and I have a goal to lose 5 lbs by the end of September.  I can do that ... especially if I am allowed to count this weeks 2.2 loss.  (Doing a 3 week cha-cha with that 2.2   , down, up, down) .

Ready, Set, GO!

7 comments:

  1. Such great advice! Sometimes we have spurges. The important thing is not letting it derail you. I image it was wonderful spending time with you FIL. Did your hubs have any brothers or sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, one brother. He is coming on Friday. I leave the following Monday. He will take his Dad home to CT after Labor Day. My BIL lives in the deep south.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the three steps to get back on plan. Have fun getting in the spirit of cooking again, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course you get to count that 2.2 lb loss, silly! I wish I had a 2.2 lb loss to count already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Challenge!!! I have missed them. Always did poorly. But still missed them. Five pounds by end of September....I am so in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK- I was wanting some splurge time in NOLA but after reading the MV blogs from you and Carole about how great you both stayed mostly on point, I realize that staying on WW is key to a happy vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And here I was counting on you as my drinking buddy, lol. Oh, we had ice cream for lunch one day, ice cream for snack one day.... We were not perfect, but vacationing with other WW does make you mindful for sure. I am looking forward to some good food while there, Peter would be disappointed with me otherwise.

      Delete