Tuesday, August 23, 2016

What A Difference A Day Makes

Yesterday I woke up at 6:30 to hear it raining and realize I had not shut my bedroom windows.  So grab the bath towel and start soaking up the water from the sills and the floor.

Back to bed to finish reading a book, then catch up on Facebook, Connect, and all my Words With Friends games.  Next thing I know it is 8:30.

Down for breakfast and sitting in the nice cool morning relaxing.
Now it is 11:30 and I have 883 steps for the day.

WHAT?

Off I go into town.  I walk both sides of Main Street up and down before going grocery shopping, come home go for a walk and then another after dinner.
Wound up the day with 8348.  Not the 10,000 I needed but better than it looked like it was going to be.




This morning I woke up at 6:30 to another nice cool crisp morning.
By 8:30 I have showered, dressed, eaten, started a load of wash and gotten a short walk in.  2329 steps .  Not bad for a vacation day where this screened in porch with the view just calls to be sat on all day.  (Except at 4pm when the sun is low enough to burn you out of there! )

I really am feeling more motivated.  Not sure what clicked, but I am not questioning the powers that be and hope this is finally my set point letting go and settle at some lower point.

I have one more weigh in here and if I keep up this good behavior of mine I should see another loss.   Would be so nice to get back down into the 170's again and only leave it again for the 160's.

Would also be nice if I could be at goal by New Years , of my WW anniversary of Jan 11, but with the Bermuda Triangle of food coming in November and the family birthday pentangle coming in Sept and Oct I have my work cut out for me.

Here's hoping tomorrow is an even BETTER day....

What can you do to make your day better?

7 comments:

  1. Great loss. Wishing you well on meeting your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're back in the WW zone. Being with other WWers is a great help for that. I credit the SC hike for getting me back on plan. Let's get lots of walking done in NOLA so we can enjoy happy hour, guilt free! Maybe we can have a little bootcamp every morning to rev up our metabolism. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mornings can really set the tone for the day--I cannot believe fall is just around the corner. BTW, what a great surprise to get home from vacay and see you started a blog! I added your blog to the "Blogs I Follow" on my blog homepage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing about your day and activities! Wishing you continued success!!! Heading out today to swim and do some errands1 Going to remember to bring my hair curling iron to the club! I lift and swim, now, when I go. Soreness seems to be my partner in this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great saying! Sometimes things "click" and glad they are for you. Great blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are working miracles in the attitude department. Really you are. Two glorious open window days back here in Maryland. Fall is right around the corner. Though I no longer wish any days to fly. Okay...maybe a few. Take care.

    ReplyDelete