Tuesday, August 16, 2016

My New Normal

Well.....

Here I am, Basketcase500 from the Community site.

This old dog is trying to learn a new trick and a new blog format.  

A little background on me.

I joined WW in Jan 2011.
I lost 52 lbs the first year, and another 12 the following year.  A few more after that and then slowly started pedaling backwards......

I have been fairly stagnant for over 2 years and need to get the weight loss moving. ...... I may be slow, and I may be steady but I am not a quitter.   I'll keep trying.

I have had a couple of life changes recently as many of you are aware.
My husband of almost 43 years passed away unexpectedly in May and I retired from my job as a dental office manager after almost 25 years at the end of June.

A week later I left for the summer to our summer home with my 96 year old FIL.

My sons and their families have been in and out all summer.  I currently have a WW friend here for a few days.

I'll be headed home in a couple of weeks and start working on finding my "new normal".   A life without my spouse, a life without work, a life that I intend to live to the fullest because none of us ever know when our lives are going to change on a dime.

My new normal is going to be filled with lots of time with my grandchildren, with travel, and trying to enjoy life while still trying to eat right, lose weight and get to that elusive WW lifetime status.



Before and During









10 comments:

  1. Life changes are some of those things that we cannot control. I like your plan to live life to the fullest and keep trying to take care of yourself while you do it. Love the before and during photo. You've made tremendous progress. Glad to see you blogging here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robin, I love your before and after pics! I am wishing you the very best while you are finding your new normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did your friend help you get started on the blog?! ;) I really admire your strength and determination to take care of yourself and live your life to the fullest. And I love your photos, too. I love the joy in your blog and after photos...great smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a positive attitude. Your grandkids are truly lucky to have you in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a strong amazing woman. Hope to read more of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an attitude! And I can't believe that I just ate all of those Vanilla Wafers. If I had only seen your new Blog first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Robin! Love that you have learned a new trick. Nicely done! Glad you are having a full summer with family and visitors. Keep up with the eating better and moving more challenge each day. I am always cheering for you and your success.

    ReplyDelete